2. Which is an example of symmetric-key encryption?
3. Which two statements are valid solutions for a cable ISP to reduce congestion for users? (Choose two.)
allocate an additional channel
subdivide the network to reduce users on each segment
4. While monitoring traffic on a cable network, a technician notes that data is being transmitted at 38 MHz. Which statement describes the situation observed by the technician?
Data is being transmitted from the subscriber to the headend.
5. After conducting research to learn about common remote connection options for teleworkers, a network administrator has decided to implement remote access over broadband to establish VPN connections over the public Internet. What is the result of this solution?
The connection has increased security and reliable connectivity. Users need a remote VPN router or VPN client software.
6. Data confidentiality through a VPN is achieved through which two methods? (Choose two.)
7. Data confidentiality through a VPN can be enhanced through the use of which three encryption protocols? (Choose three.)
8. What two protocols provide data authentication and integrity for IPsec? (Choose two.)
9. A technician has been asked to configure a broadband connection for a teleworker. The technician has been instructed that all uploads and downloads for the connection must use existing phone lines. Which broadband technology should be used?
10. What are the three main functions of a secure VPN? (Choose three.)
11. A company is using WiMAX to provide access for teleworkers. What home equipment must the company provide at the teleworker's site?
a WiMAX receiver
12. Which two methods could an administrator use to authenticate users on a remote access VPN? (Choose two.)
13. Which two statements about DSL are true? (Choose two.)
local loop can be up to 3.5 miles (5.5km)
user connections are aggregated at a DSLAM located at the CO
14. Which two features can be associated with the Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX) telecommunication technology? (Choose two.)
covers areas as large as 7,500 square kilometers
connects directly to the Internet through high-bandwidth connections
15. Refer to the exhibit. All users have a legitimate purpose and the necessary persissions to access the Corporate network. Based on the topology shown, which locations are able to establish VPN connectivity with the Corporate network?
All locations can support VPN connectivity.
16. Which statement describes cable?
Delivering services over a cable network requires downstream frequencies in the 50 to 860 MHz range, and upstream frequencies in the 5 to 42 MHz range.
17. Which two protocols can be used to encapsulate traffic that is traversing a VPN tunnel? (Choose two.)
18. Refer to the exhibit. A teleworker is connected over the Internet to the HQ Office. What type of secure connection can be established between the teleworker and the HQ Office?
a remote-access VPN
19. Refer to the exhibit. A VPN tunnel has been established between the HQ Office and the Branch Office over the public Internet. Which three mechanisms are required by the devices on each end of the VPN tunnel to protect the data from being intercepted and modified? (Choose three.)
- The two parties must establish a secret key used by encryption and hash algorithms.
- The two parties must agree on the encryption algorithm to be used over the VPN tunnel.
- The devices must be authenticated before the communication path is considered secure.